What Are Grow Rooms?
Grow rooms are an alternative to traditional greenhouses. They are used for horticultural purposes and as a way to control the environment that the plants are grown.
Grow rooms offer more control over temperature, humidity, and light intensity for plants. This is important because it can be difficult to maintain the perfect conditions outside of growing rooms.
Grow rooms also can be more private than traditional greenhouses because they typically don’t have a large window which offers outsiders a clear view of what’s going on inside.
The portable version of a grow room is referred to as a grow tent. Grow tents are just more affordable options and have greater flexibility due to their portability.
Top 3 Dehumidifiers For Grow Rooms
What Are Dehumidifiers?
Dehumidifiers are machines that reduce the level of humidity in a room.
The main reason for having to use a dehumidifier is the build-up of excess moisture in the air, which can be caused by different factors such as steam from cooking, people breathing out water vapor from their lungs or just by mother nature herself.
Dehumidifiers work by pulling this moisture into the machine and releasing it outside or in a storage container.
What To Look For In The Best Grow Room Dehumidifiers
Most grow room dehumidifiers are designed specifically for this type of environment, so they are more environmentally friendly than other models.
They often have a filter which will also help to reduce outside humidity from entering your greenhouse or grow room.
You should be aware that not all grow room dehumidifiers are suitable for your purposes, so it is important to research what features you need to find the best one for you!
Removing humidity is important, but plants also need humidity to thrive. If you do require additional humidity for your plants then why not check out our best humidifiers for plants article.
Overall here are some general markers to make sure fit your needs when finding the best grow room dehumidifiers.
What To Look For In A Dehumidifier For A Grow Room
There are a few things to keep in mind when buying any Dehumidifier whatever the purpose. These are;
- Capacity & Run Time Duration
- Functionality & Capability
Based on these 4 characteristics we researched dozens of dehumidifiers to find out what the best grow room dehumidifiers are on the market.
Top Grow Tent Dehumidifiers Reviewed
Hisense 70 Pint Dehumidifier
- The low noise levels of the airflow mean that it’s really quiet, with a noise level of <55dB (A) on the lowest setting. Slide-out bucket to empty collected water, Operates at temperature as low as 38°F
- EcoAir filters are removable and can last longer between cleaning. A 24-hour timer means you can only use your heater when you want.
- Bucket full indicator helps avoid overflow & lets you know to empty the bucket
- The filter indicator lets you know when to wash your filter, which helps to minimize bacteria & odors. The coverage is for an area up to 1000 sq. ft
The Hisense 70 Pint Dehumidifier DH-7019K1G is an energy-star-rated dehumidifier that is great for low-temperature operations in basements. Its quiet operation makes it perfect for those who need relief from the constant noise and lack of sleep.
This product has a long-lasting internal pump and can be used for up to 12 hours without interruption. It also comes with a 24-hour timer and the water tank can be removed easily for refilling.
TECCPO 30 Pint Dehumidifier
- The powerful dehumidifier can get rid of 30 pints of moisture per day and is perfect for bigger spaces. This dehumidifier is great for drying out a room up to 3,000 sq ft in size. It can be used in your home, garage, basement, or even grow rooms and closets too.
- AI Dehumidification – With precise temperature and humidity sensors the room’s humidity is maintained in the comfortable range (45-55%), with a timer that kicks in and off automatically.
- Manual Drain – When the 3.8L water tank is full, the dehumidifier will automatically turn off by overflow protection. Auto Drain*- Easy hose access, you can enjoy excellent dehumidification by gravity drainage (hose not included)
- The dehumidifier is one of the most portable models. It has caster wheels, but some users might find it difficult to push around if it is not on a smooth surface. The narrow model also means you can store it in tighter spaces perfect for smaller spaces.
- Sounds like a no-brainer to me! The thing’s Energy Star certified which means you’ll save on energy without affecting the moisture. You also gain access to the 2-year warranty & lifetime expert tech support.
Ideal for grow rooms that range in 1500-3000 sq. The overall range of this dehumidifier is 3000 square feet. This dehumidifier is great for a grow room because of its 30-pint water collection system. Please keep in mind that 30 pints are many hours of dehumidification, which means your not constantly going to have been going back and forth to go empty your collection tank.
TECCPO 3000 Sq.Ft Dehumidifier, Powerful 30 Pint Dehumidifiers for Home, Intelligent Humidity Control, Continuous Draining is a powerful and easy-to-use dehumidifier. This product comes with high-quality rubber wheels and can even be used in a vertical position. Users can use it to dry out wet carpets as well as kill mold and mildew.
This product is a game-changer that will change the way you do things at home. It has all the features that you need to keep your living space free of moisture and humidity levels under control. And the best part is the fact that it’s easy to install as well as store away when not in use!
SEAVON Dehumidifier For Home
- One thing that sets our dehumidifiers apart from the competition is their versatility. They can successfully remove up to 500ml of moisture daily, regardless of how small or large the space is – and they’re also lightweight and portable.
- Auto Shut off Function: This dehumidifier can sense when it’s full and automatically turn off. If the light turns yellow, that means the water tank needs to be drained and emptied. Simply turn it off, remove the water tank, then pour out the water from a black rubber bucket on the bottom of one of its corners.
- Ultra-quiet: Built-in thermal electric cooling technology operates without a compressor. This means a whisper-quiet operation in bedrooms, bathrooms, and offices. If you are looking for a quiet operation, this is the one for you!
- Durable, easily moveable, and compact: dehumidifier has touch control and has a small size (7.10 x 5.10 x 11.20 inches) Works to control humidity levels in your home or workspace. Its optimal operating temperature is 59-86°F and it won’t work when the temperature falls below 41, now that’s smart management!
- Ensure healthy plants: Studies show that if the humidity in the air is higher than 50% it can cause problems such as plant growth fatigue and other plant health-related issues. Our dehumidifier starts working when humidity reaches 45%., the ventilation system collects both wet air and dry air, keeping your environment clean & fresh.
SEAVON is an award-winning company with many years of experience in designing high-quality home appliances. They have a wide variety of products to offer and are not limited in any way. If you are looking for dehumidifiers, they have the best range you can find on the market.
This product is mostly used for bathrooms small basements and even small apartments. It has an auto-defrost function that helps it operate without interruption and a frost alarm that alerts users when
This is our Budget Offering. Ideal For small grows tents. If you have a small grow tent or a very small room this is the ideal dehumidifier.
This Seavon dehumidifier is the most price-friendly product on the market for these top three options.
The best dehumidifier for your grow room is going to be determined for you based on your budget and how big your grow room is. The bigger the grow room or tent the more powerful dehumidifier is needed.
We broke down why a dehumidifier is important for a grow tent how they are beneficial and how they work! Most importantly we took the time to research the top 3 grow room dehumidifiers in the market.
If you happen to have a very large room that you are growing plants in then the best option will be TECCPO with its precise temperature and humidity sensors the room’s humidity is maintained at all times. If however, budget is your biggest concern or have a smaller grow room or a tent you may want to get a more affordable option like the SEAVON.